Tickets for Rijksmuseum: 2-Hour Guided Tour in a Small Group
- Skip the line at Amsterdam's famous Rijksmuseum, with a two-hour guided tour of masters of the Dutch Golden Age
- Learn the amazing historical and social contexts that saw art flourish under Rembrandt, Vermeer, and Frans Hals
- Explore the rest of the museum at your own leisure or kick back in the museum cafe after the tour ends
Do you love going to museums, but simply can't bear elbowing past hordes of people just to get a peep at your favorite painting? Then snatch up this ticket that will propel you to the top of the queue at the Rijksmuseum, and take you on a two-hour guided odyssey inside Amsterdam's epic palace of art. Rediscover the golden age of merchants, aristocrats, royalty, and detail-rich still lifes in the grand halls of one of the world's most integral classical art museums.
Discover how masterful artists like Vermeer, Rembrandt, and Frans Hals captured the incredible expansion of the Dutch Golden Age. This defining period of Western history saw the Dutch empire rise to global prominence – both economically and culturally – and is the focus of the tour.
Ponder the incredible photorealistic detail in Vermeer's domestic depictions, marvel at the sheer scale of Rembrandt’s 'The Night Watch' (it was actually cut down in size to fit its frame!) and forget everything you thought you knew about dollhouses – the antiques in the Rijksmuseum will stun you!
Your guide will share interesting facts and theories about the more popular museum pieces – like, 'The Night Watch' doesn't actually take place at night. After your tour, continue to explore the 8,000 plus works on display as your ticket is valid all day!
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- Show your smartphone ticket to the tour guide at the meeting point, in front of the Cobra Café on the Museum Square (Museumplein)
- Your guide will be holding an orange umbrella
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before starting time, latecomers won't be waited for