- Get a different perspective of Amsterdam's quaint maze of houses and canals from the water
- Pedal anywhere you like and explore - as long as you follow the basic rules you're golden!
- See the Anne Frank House, Skinny Bridge, the beautiful streets of Jordaan and more
Make your way through Amsterdam's labyrinth of canals at your leisure on a pedal boat! These little white movers let you take in the city and the atmosphere of the canals from a whole new angle. Great fun for the kids!
Did you know that every year Amsterdam's Water Authority fishes between 12,000 and 15,000 bicycles out from the canals? Just something to think about when you're pedalling above them all in your zero-emission, eco-friendly boat!
Amsterdam is the number one cycling city in the world, and this form of 'cycling' along the waters of its equally bike-filled canals has been the city's top canal attraction since 1984.
Get among it and watch the tourists, trams and cyclists go about their business as you pedal past the Anne Frank House, Skinny Bridge and more.
It's a bit of a workout on a windy day, so your elderly gran might not like it. But for the rest of you, with two at work on the pedals, no problem!
Show your smartphone ticket at any of the following three starting points to get your pedal boat:
- Stromma Shop Rijksmuseum, Stadhouderskade 520, close to Rijksmuseum / Museumplein
- Stromma Shop Leidseplein, Leidsebosje 2
- Stromma Shop Westerkerk, Prinsengracht 279, close to Anne Frank House / Dam Square
- Upon arrival, a deposit of €20 per pedal boat is required
- You can return the pedal boat at any of the three pickup points
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket