Tickets for Outsider Art Museum at the Hermitage: Fast Track
An exciting new museum exploring great art from the fringes of society
- Skip the line and discover the fascinating and provocative world of Outsider Art, featuring works by artists with no formal training
- The Outsider Art Museum is the result of a collaboration between Hermitage Amsterdam, the Dolhuys Museum of the Mind, and healthcare facility Cordaan
- Tear up the rulebook and learn to look at art in a whole new way, with pieces that are as challenging as they are politically charged
Sometimes, no school can be the best schooling. The Outsider Art Museum is the first gallery in the Netherlands to give a voice to artists with no formal art training. With international and national artists, it's a collection of art in its rawest form – provocative, challenging, and always fascinating.
Outsider Art is one of the hottest buzzwords in the art scene, celebrating uncompromising art produced by people with disabilities and no formal artistic training. As a result, their artworks are like nothing else out there, often expressing their experiences visually and showing the challenges they face in the world.
If you thought art galleries were boring, this special collaboration with the Hermitage Museum should change your mind! Discover a whole new world of art as you explore dozens of works that are as unpolished as they are exciting.
Their New Masters exhibition shines a light on 30 contemporary artists and puts their radical techniques and unique perspectives into context. You'll never look at art the same way again!
- Admission to the Outsider Art Museum
- Guided tour
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Lines 51, 53 or 54 to Waterlooplein, Nieuwe Herengracht exit
- Tram: Line 4 to Rembrandtplein, lines 9 or 14 to Waterlooplein
- Bus: Lines 755, 757, 759, 761, 763 to Rembrandtplein + 6 minute walk