- See how things work and function through the glasses of a mad professor or an inventive engineer! This stuff is for grown ups and kids
- Head up to the roof for great Amsterdam views, and to play with sundials and kites in 'Energetica', designed to help you learn about the elements and how renewable energy works
- Learn about the power of the mind, see a timeline of scientific discoveries, find out what's in a kiss and more in a hands-on day out for all ages
Science can be FUN! That's what you'll come away thinking after your trip to the Science Center Nemo, just minutes from Amsterdam's Centraal Station. This ginormous green building is the biggest science center in the Netherlands and home to 5 exciting floors of hands-on science stuff. Learn things like how and why the wind blows, what makes a rainbow, how to whisper to someone standing 15 feet away, and blow bubbles big enough to stand in. You'll wonder why you didn't find Nemo sooner.
There are too many exhibitions inside to mention but you can't miss Sensational Science. We encounter physics every day, whenever there's a rainbow, or when our clean clothes throw off sparks. Here you can create phenomena like this yourself and learn how it works at the same time.
In Science throughout the Ages you can see a timeline of discoveries by scientists all over the world and journey through the Age of Enlightenment with old travel journals and atlases. In Journey through the mind you'll learn what makes our brains tick - with the Emotion Grabber you can even add your facial expressions to a computer game!
Smart Technology teaches how we can all save energy, produce our own electricity sustainably and reduce the amount of CO2 we send up into the atmosphere, and World of Shapes turns maths into a fun tool you can use (yes really).
We could go on forever about this place, but we'll leave the rest for you to discover. Release your inner mad scientist and have fun!
- Walking distance from Amsterdam Central Station
- Free lockers
- Children from 12 years and younger must be accompanied by an ‘adult’ (16 years or older).
- Pets are not permitted in the museum
Hij was zeer leergierig en wilde alles ontdekken, c.q. mee doen, heeft zich geen moment verveeld.
Alles opgezogen gelijk een spons. Van af 10.40 uur t/m 17.30 uur.