- Experience 500 years of maritime history in stimulating interactive exhibitions
- Come aboard the replica of the Amsterdam, a sailing ship of the Dutch East India Company
- Supercharge your visit with Dare to Discover, a VR journey that takes you back to the Dutch Golden Age to witness the building of warships and more
Dive into the excitement, courage and adventure of sailors over the last 500 years at the National Maritime Museum. See how reclaiming land from the sea, savage sea battles and trading routes were all turning points in history. And don't miss the new VR experience that zooms you back to the Golden Age!
Come aboard a replica sailing ship, witness how and why Europeans traveled to distant continents and see amazing old atlases and maps - you might come away with a new urge to travel!
The museum's Dare to Discover, exhibit is a VR journey back to the Dutch Golden Age in the 17th century. Stand on board the Transom return ship Amsterdam, see the construction of the Zeemagazijn - now home to the museum, and witness the building of warships!
Hit the ocean, survive sea battles and bring back the best goods in this interactive exhibition.
It's a day out at sea and you don't even have to get wet!
Swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket at the reception.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
The VR experience is a great plus, suitable for adults and kids (8+). Make sure to reserve your free timeslot on the museum's website, otherwise you may end up stuck in the queue.