- The Guardian calls this one of the "10 best museums in Europe you've never heard of"
- See a unique collection of over 5,000 bags and purses (from 1600 A.D. to the present) including an actual Versace bag worn by Madonna
- Walk around a traditional Amsterdam canal house and see the 17th-century rooms
British newspaper The Guardian recognized this museum as one of "The 10 Best Museums In Europe That You've Probably Never Heard Of." Take a look inside The Museum of Bags and Purses, the largest of its kind in the world.
The Museum of Bags and Purses is more than some old lady's leftover accessories in a closet full of mothballs. It's a fascinating collection that will show and tell you the story of a seemingly everyday article, covering fashion, art, Dutch customs and a decent slice of history. One of Madonna's own Versace handbags is even living out its days here, remembering her lovely touch.
The museum is situated in a lovely canal house in the center of Amsterdam, and it's in this intimate setting that you can devour the development of bags and purses from the Middle Ages, right through to the present day. This is the only place in the world where you will find so many beautiful, valuable, playful and exciting handbags in one collection, from 15th-century historical highlights, to the timeless classics of modern design from the planet's most famous designers.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Changes are possible for this ticket