- Madame Tussauds gives you the opportunity to rub shoulders – literally – with celebs like George Clooney, leaders like Barack Obama and sports heroes like Lionel Messi
- It’s Amsterdam’s most fun museum and has a ‘hands-on’ policy that allows you to touch the celebs. You’ll also find a karaoke room where you can sing along to classic songs
- You’ll find figures that appeal to all ages. Kids especially love the big, elegant green ogre that is Princess Fiona (from Shrek) while those with a fondness for classic Hollywood love laying eyes on Marilyn Monroe and Charlie Chaplin
Amsterdam has always been a world city, and at Madame Tussauds you’ll get up close and personal with global figures - and even meet some local luminaries. Well, you won’t really meet them in the flesh, but it’ll seem that way for a moment!
Rub shoulders with Madonna and Angelina Jolie. Stroll right up to Johnny Depp and see just how tall he is. Or meet Adele and Lady Gaga. Alternatively, cast a critical eye and judge which is the better Ryan – Gosling or Reynolds. (Correct answer: Gosling).
You’ll find that these stars are more than approachable – none have an ounce of attitude and they’re all delighted to pose for a pic. In fact, they’re all without a security detail too, so snap away to your heart’s content.
The newest kid on the block is the Biebs himself (that’s Justin Bieber in case you’ve been living under a pop-culture-free rock recently). Younger visitors will find themselves getting a little starstruck in his presence, and even older visitors will be amazed at how life-like he is. Can you belieb that the wax model has the same tattoos as the real one?
If you want something with a bit more gravitas, how about saying hello to Barack Obama or Nelson Mandela? You’ll also get acquainted with Dutch royalty as you meet King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima. She’s from Argentina but is beloved by the Dutch people!
There’s also a recording studio where you can give a go at your favorite artist's tracks and have them sent to you via email - now that's some cringy goodness!
A fresh new exhibit (with a hashtagged title it can't be that old, can it?). Here you can get to know some of history's finest artists. Throw your arm around the rather maudlin Vincent van Gogh or try not to break into a mysterious smile next to Mona Lisa herself.
There's a focus on Dutch masters like Van Gogh, Rembrandt and Mondriaan (you are in Holland after all). But there's also international artists, like Mr Melted Clocks (Dalí), Captain Cubism (Picasso) and the Renaissance Man (Da Vinci).
It's not just the artists, though - there's interactive artworks, so you can truly get into the art, as well as opportunities to create your own masterpieces.
You'll leave this exhibit thinking to yourself, "They're right: I am art."
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
שווה לקנות כרטיס מראש.
מקום מצויין מאוד נהננו