- Get your Rijksmuseum ticket from the Hop-On, Hop-Off bus driver
- 24-hour ticket gives you time to discover the entire city by bus
- View masterpieces by Rembrandt, Vermeer and Frans Hals
- Admire the stunning renovation of the beautiful museum buildings
- Continue on your Amsterdam tour when you leave the museum
Kill two very fun birds with one incredibly convenient stone: this combination deal pairs the Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with a ticket to the Rijksmuseum. Simply show up for the bus and receive your Rijksmuseum ticket. Your day is set, but do it at your own pace.
The Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour gives you 24-hour access to the red bus circuit that stops off at all of Amsterdam’s major tourist attractions. Whether you just want to take in the elegant and intimate city from a double-decker bus or knock off all the top tourist draws in an efficient, well-planned strategy, the Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour offers amazing convenience.
And with this ticket you can stop off at Museumplein and simply walk into the Rijksmuseum. It’s world famous and particularly noted for its trove of works by Rembrandt, Vermeer and Frans Hals – the original Dutch Masters. But it has much more than that.
You’ll find a dab of works from the early Renaissance and a smattering of paintings by French impressionists. You’ll see opulent home furnishings of the old elites and the muskets and cannons that helped fund them; over 8,000 objects spread across 80 galleries.
You won’t exhaust the museum in a single day, but when you decide to leave simply wait for the familiar red bus to come by and continue on your journey through Amsterdam.
Stadhouderskade 47, 1071 ZD
- Hop-On Hop-Off Bus ticket
- Rijksmuseum ticket
- First departure Central Station: 09:30 (1 Nov - 20 Mar) 09:15 (21 Mar - 31 Oct)
- Last departure Central Station: 17:15 (1 Nov - 20 Mar) 19:00 (21 Mar - 31 Oct)
Buses leave every 15 - 20 minutes and a full loop lasts about 60 - 70 minutes
How to use your tickets
- IMPORTANT Redeem your Rijksmuseum ticket on the bus
- Take the bus to Museumplein and get off to spend a few hours at the Rijksmuseum
- You can enter the bus at any stop
- Please be aware that the first bus leaves Central Station at 09:30 during winter and 09:15 during summer
- This means that the first bus will reach subsequent stops later than that time - for example, the first bus reaches Museumplein approximately 45 min after it leaves Central Station