Tickets for FOAM Photography Museum
Explore a wild world of photography
- See works of famous photographers, such as William Klein's 'I don't give a damn' naturalism and Francesca Woodman’s surrealist black-and-white self-portraits. Alongside upcoming talents utilizing cutting-edge camera and editing techniques
- Yearly collaboration with MTV to present the ground-breaking works of distinctive talent such as the use of classical glossy effect with the intimacy of autonomous work
Housed in a juxtaposition of classic and modern architecture, the FOAM hosts a frequently changing contemporary exhibit, as well as a permanent collection of contemporary photographs. A visit here will have you upping your Instagram game - you might just turn into the FOAM’s next new talent!
Located on a pleasant century-and-a-half old canal, FOAM Photography Museum (FOtografiemuseum AMsterdam) blends its traditional interior with a modern exterior of chrome and glass. This avant-garde balance reflects the combination of the traditional and modern photographs and media showcased here.
With historical, informal, and contemporary photography and multimedia exhibitions that change every 2-4 months, you’re sure to be dazzled (as if by flash bulbs) on a visit here.
Walk through the history of photography from seasoned big-shots to up-and-comers. Techniques include formal portraiture, absurd still-lifes, and mixed-material hybrids; FOAM is a showcase for photography and photographers pushing the bounds of the form. It is - in a word - inspiring.
Not only will the FOAM make you want to turn your Instagram into your own exhibition space, it can actually help you on your journey to become the next Man Ray or Andy Warhol. The museum regularly organizes workshops, special tours, lectures, discussions, films, and other activities to encourage like-minded, passionate, and creative photography enthusiasts.
Show your smartphone ticket at the admission counter.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- The Museum is not fully accessible for wheelchair users
- Pets are not allowed in the museum, with the exception of guide dogs
- No eating, drinking, smoking, or making phone calls inside the museum
Tram: Lines 16, 24 or 25 to Keizersgracht