- See works of famous photographers, such as William Klein's 'I don't give a damn' naturalism and Francesca Woodman’s surrealist black-and-white self-portraits. Alongside upcoming talents utilizing cutting-edge camera and editing techniques
- Yearly collaboration with MTV to present the ground-breaking works of distinctive talent such as the use of classical glossy effect with the intimacy of autonomous work
- The intriguing exhibition Dynasty Marubi - A Hundred Years of Albanian Studio Photography is on until November 27. Check out a wide variety of characters photographed by Pietro Marubi and his successors
Housed in a juxtaposition of classic and modern architecture, the FOAM hosts a frequently changing contemporary exhibit, as well as a permanent collection of contemporary photographs. A visit here will have you upping your Instagram game - you might just turn into the FOAM’s next new talent!
Located on a pleasant century-and-a-half old canal, FOAM Photography Museum (FOtografiemuseum AMsterdam) blends its traditional interior with a modern exterior of chrome and glass. This avant-garde balance reflects the combination of the traditional and modern photographs and media showcased here.
With historical, informal, and contemporary photography and multimedia exhibitions that change every 2-4 months, you’re sure to be dazzled (as if by flash bulbs) on a visit here.
Walk through the history of photography from seasoned big-shots to up-and-comers. Techniques include formal portraiture, absurd still-lifes, and mixed-material hybrids; FOAM is a showcase for photography and photographers pushing the bounds of the form. It is - in a word - inspiring.
Not only will the FOAM make you want to turn your Instagram into your own exhibition space, it can actually help you on your journey to become the next Man Ray or Andy Warhol. The museum regularly organizes workshops, special tours, lectures, discussions, films, and other activities to encourage like-minded, passionate, and creative photography enthusiasts.
Keizersgracht 609 (Vijzelstraat)
- Foam Museum is not fully accessible for wheelchair users
- Pets are not allowed in the museum, except guide dogs
- It's not allowed to take food into the museum
- It's not allowed to call inside the museum
- Take tram 16, 24 or 25 to Keizersgracht
Beautiful pictures and video movie of Newton !!
Great building, nice cafe too
Very easy to use booking system and I received both the email with bar codes and text message to confirm within minutes. I would use again without hesitation.
Good experience and nice artists.