Tickets for Cobra Museum
Explore one of the major art movements of the 20th century
- Explore something different in the art world, just a short drive or tram ride from Amsterdam
- Find out about The CoBrA Movement and learn why it was one of the most important art movements of the 20th century
- See a host of inspiring exhibitions, plus ceramics and sculptures
See the paintings, text and imagery by the Dutch, Danish and Belgian branches of CoBrA and explore how CoBrA members developed as artists during and after the famed CoBrA years!
How will humanity manage its devastating impact on our planet, in a world where technology dominates social and economic relations? This is the subject explored in Restless Matter. Join scientists and artists for a peek at an alternative relationship with matter and objects.
Snake your way over to the Cobra Museum and explore the CoBrA movement - one of the major art movements of the 20th century. Surround yourself with wacky, colorful modern and contemporary art and get inspired by some excellent changing exhibitions.
The name CoBrA was coined in 1948 by Christian Dotremont, who labeled this European avant-garde art movement after the initials of its members' home cities: Copenhagen, Brussels and Amsterdam.
This highly expressionist movement was only active between 1948 and 1951, and inspired by the art of children. Explore some of its best works here, plus key works by artists of the Vrij Beelden, CoBrA, and Creatie movements.
Browse your way through two rooms, packed with colorful works, grouped by nationality from Dutch to Danish and Belgian.
You'll see wacky animal imagery - common in CoBrA painting - plus ceramics and sculptures. It's an arty assault to the senses!
- Entrance to the Cobra Museum
- Guided tour
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Line 51 from Amsterdam Centraal, Amsterdam Amstel, or Amsterdam Zuid to Amstelveen Centrum + 10 minutes walking
- Tram: Line 5 from Leidseplein or Museumplein to Amstelveen + 10 minutes walking
- Bus: Lines 300 or 356 from Bijlmer, Hoofddorp, Schiphol or Haarlem to Amstelveen + 3 minutes walking
- Bus: Conexxion lines 347 or 357 from Amsterdam Centraal, Leidseplein or Museumplein to Amstelveen + 1 minute walking