- Explore something different in the art world, just a short drive or bus ride from Amsterdam
- Find out about The CoBrA Movement and learn why it was one of the most important art movements of the 20th century
- See a host of inspiring exhibitions, plus ceramics and sculptures
Snake your way over to the Cobra Museum and explore the CoBrA movement - one of the major art movements of the 20th century. Surround yourself with wacky, colorful modern and contemporary art and get inspired by some excellent changing exhibitions.
The name CoBrA was coined in 1948 by Christian Dotremont, who labeled this European avant-garde art movement after the initials of its members' home cities: Copenhagen, Brussels and Amsterdam.
This highly expressionist movement was only active between 1948 and 1951, and inspired by the art of children. Explore some of its best works here, plus key works by artists of the Vrij Beelden, CoBrA, and Creatie movements.
Browse your way through two rooms, packed with colorful works, grouped by nationality from Dutch to Danish and Belgian.
You'll see wacky animal imagery - common in CoBrA painting - plus ceramics and sculptures. It's an arty assault to the senses!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket