- See a handful of elegant and largely naked life-size statues and sculptures
- Learn which inspired artists left for Italy to look for the sources of inspiration
- Skip the line and tour the best examples of neoclassical art from the Hermitage collection
Classic Beauties at the Hermitage takes us on a journey to Italy for the Canova collection, including the masterpiece The Three Graces. See the best neoclassical works on display from 16 June 2018 to 13 January 2019.
Enter the Hermitage in Amsterdam and step into the 18th century, where the subject of the human body was taken to new dimensions in art.
Witness works that display the whys and hows of the human body, a topic that has fascinated artists for centuries.
See how artists like Canova, Thorvaldsen, Mengs, Kauffmann and Batoni strived for perfection in their depictions, and why they might have done a better job at it than the Greeks and Romans. Art is subjective, after all. What do you think?
- Access to the temporary exhibition
- Audio guide
- Access to the permanent collection
Skip the ticket office and have your smartphone ticket scanned at the turnstiles. Please be on time for your timeslot.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.