Tickets for Archaeology Museum Allard Pierson
Everything old is cool again
- Witness dazzling art and objects from ancient civilizations
- See the intriguing permanent collection, spread across five halls
- Learn about how these ancient civilizations compare to contemporary European culture and prepare to be amazed at how the world has changed
Can't get enough of flea markets? Fans of old stuff will love picking through the treasures at Allard Pierson Museum - the archaeology museum of the University of Amsterdam. You can't take anything with you, though, sorry. Ancient civilizations are revived here - think Ancient Egypt (oh mummy!), the Near East, the Greek World, Etruria and the Roman Empire. Art-objects and utensils, which date back from 4000 B.C. till 1000 A.D., will truly open your eyes to the ways of old.
Besides the changing exhibitions, you'll get to see a permanent collection that's displayed in five separate halls. Check out original antiquities and ooh and aah at the objects reflecting old traditions.
The Allard Pierson Museum represents the significance of ancient civilizations and how they challenge contemporary European culture. You might start valuing the Internet a lot more after this. Or then again, maybe you'll wish it was never invented?
The archaeological top collection was established in collaboration with talented students, excellent researchers and fellow institutions. Prepare to be amazed.
- Entrance to the adjacent Special Collections
Show your smartphone ticket at either entrance.
- Tuesday - Friday, 10:00 - 17:00
- Saturday - Sunday, 13:00 - 17:00
- Closed on January 1st, April 27th (King's Day), and December 25th