Tickets for Archaeology Museum Allard Pierson
Dig through ancient treasures where everything old is cool again
- Witness dazzling art and objects from ancient civilizations
- See the extensive permanent collection, spread across five halls
- Learn about how these ancient civilizations compare to contemporary European culture and marvel at how the world has changed
Can't get enough of flea markets? Fans of old stuff will love picking through the treasures at Allard Pierson Museum - the archaeology museum of the University of Amsterdam. You can't take anything with you, but you do get to try your hand at archaeology with multiple hands-on exhibits. Ancient civilizations are revived and artifacts dating from 4000 B.C. to 1000 A.D., will truly open your eyes to the ways of old.
Besides the changing exhibitions, you'll get to see a permanent collection that's displayed in five separate halls. Check out original antiquities and ooh and aah at objects reflecting ancient traditions.
The Allard Pierson Museum explores the significance of ancient civilizations and how they challenge contemporary European culture. History is brought to life through interactive segments which allow you to unearth your inner archaeologist – eat your heart out Indiana Jones!
The top archaeological collection was established in collaboration with talented students, expert researchers, and cooperating institutions. Prepare to be amazed.
- Entrance to the adjacent Special Collections
Enter the building via the main entrance on the left side and present your ticket at the desk
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Tuesday - Friday, 10:00 - 17:00
- Saturday - Sunday, 13:00 - 17:00
- Closed on January 1st, April 27th (King's Day), and December 25th
Don't miss the Archeohotspot! You can really get your hands dirty, and help the archaeology team reconstruct pieces of porcelain from all over the world.