Tickets for Amsterdam's Weirdest Museum: Believe It or Not! : Skip The Line
Step into this delightful timesink
- See more than 500 nearly unbelievable exhibits, from actual shrunken human heads to one of the swords used by Mel Gibson in the epic ‘Braveheart’
- Explore 19 themed galleries packed full of curious delights and wax figures of real people that Mr. Ripley encountered in the 201 countries he visited
- Interact with dozens of attractions, like the brain-twisting vortex tunnel, the shooting gallery, and the rage-inducing mystery gate
“Have I really been here for three hours?” - this might be the only question left unanswered after your visit to this brand new attraction in the heart of Amsterdam. There’s so much to see and do that you’ll wish you had four eyes, like a certain Chinese gentleman you'll meet. Step into this delightful time sink - and good luck with that @#$%&! mystery gate!
Robert Ripley toured the world, returning with surprising information and peculiar artifacts. At Ripley’s Believe It or Not Amsterdam you can benefit from his years of hard work as you wander the five floors of (nearly) unbelievable artifacts. Start at the entrance, by taking a selfie with the world’s tallest man. And then dive deeper and deeper into a comprehensive collection of fascinating oddities.
From a Ghanese coffin in the shape of a flying car, to an intricate sculpture made entirely of cutlery, this exhibition will beguile, baffle and delight. Plus, if you’re scared of the dentist, the terrifying 19th century tooth extractor will show just how good you have it!
Altogether, there are more than 500 exhibits and artifacts organized in 19 themed galleries - but don't worry, there's a clear path guiding you through the building. You can spend as much time as you want analyzing the contents of each room before moving to the next one.
Learn how to shrink a human head in the jungle gallery, then go to the creepy chamber (unless you're too chicken) and see which torture enthusiast inspired Bram Stoker to create Count Dracula.
Whether you’re familiar with curator Robert Ripley’s legacy or not, this place will grab your attention and hold onto it for hours. Say hello to weirdness, and goodbye to whatever else you had planned for the afternoon.
- Entrance to Ripley's Believe It or Not! Amsterdam
- 5D Cinema
- Food and drinks
Show your smartphone ticket on the right side of the cash desk or to one of the employees holding a portable ticket scanner.
09:00 - 22:00, last admission 21:30.
Tram: 4, 9, 14 or 16, Dam Square
Walking: 10 minute-walk from Central Station
Make sure to bring some cash with you (coins or bills, there’s a change machine on site) so you can fire a few rounds at the carnival-style shooting gallery. I didn’t have a single cent on me and my frustrated wife nearly killed me!
- de 5D-film (is geen aanrader, simpel en kort, Is het extra geld niet waard).
- de ' geheime' uitgang (die is er niet)
Tip: misschien nog een speurtocht voor de kids?