Tickets for Amsterdam Museum
Engaging and interactive history of the city
- See the history of one of the world's most complex and progressive cities in a beautifully maintained 16th-century building
- Explore the various eras of Amsterdam, from the Dutch Golden Age, to the Nazi occupation of WWII, up to its modern incarnation as a cultural capital
- With a playable carillon, a 1960s-era eco-car, and many hands-on and interactive exhibits, it's a great indoor activity for the whole family
From the Middle Ages through the Golden Age, and right up to present day, the story of the Dutch capital is told through ancient artifacts and interactive exhibits. This delightful museum covers everything Amsterdam, and it's great for kids!
Amsterdam doesn't hide its charming canals, nor its famous vices. But to really get to know the city you want to know its history, and how it became the thriving metropolis we know today.
Housed in a former orphanage, this beautifully maintained Classicist building contains a wonderfully curated collection of paintings, photographs, models, and artifacts telling the story of Amsterdam - from its origins right up to present day.
It touches on all aspects of the city, from religion and folklore to showbiz, prostitution, and Ajax. It also includes many original orphanage furnishings, a playable carillon, an eco-car from the 1960s (the proto-Prius!) and a replica red-light district pub, where rough-and-tumble customers came to drink and 'tumble'.
- Access to the museum
- Audio guide in English, Dutch, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and Russian
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Tram: Lines 1, 2, 4, 5, 9, 14, or 16 to Spui
- By foot: A 15-minute walk from Central Station
Check out the 'Amsterdam DNA' exhibit, and don't forget to scan your QR code at each station to get a truly personalized experience!