- See the Amsterdam Light Festival in the best way possible – from the water!
- Get comfy and snap away to your heart's content aboard your open-top boat, complete with an informative audio guide in English and Dutch
- From November 29th to January 20th, see Amsterdam come to life, with over 35 illuminated artworks decorating its famous canals
Amsterdam Light Festival is an unmissable annual experience, inviting a troupe of international artists to transform the city into a glittering playground – but how about seeing it from an open-top boat? Amsterdam's greatest winter attraction just got even greater!
Forget peering through foggy windows and experience the Amsterdam Light Festival in true panoramic style! The open-top boat is perfect for snap-happy photographers and anyone looking to get the most intimate experience of the ALF.
The 2018 edition consists of over 30 sculptures crafted from twinkling lights, and dotted throughout the city. The theme is ‘The Medium is the Message’ - the famous statement by Canadian scientist Marshall McLuhan. The idea behind it is that the medium we use to send a message is more important than the message itself. See if you agree as you float around the storybook canals in the reflections of custom artworks - all created by select international artists.
There's also the sculptures that look like 'standing drawings' by this year's guest of honor, Amsterdam-based artist Jeroen Henneman. Listen to the audio guide in Dutch or English as you snuggle up and see Amsterdam like you've never seen it before.
- 75-minute Water Colors Cruise
- Audio guide in English and Dutch
Go to the pier located right in front the main entrance of Central Station and board the boat.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
You get a fleece for the cold. You will need this, it is an open boat , and it was a little windy.
Also you get earphones for the audio guide in many languages.
Come early ( 15 min before departure) for good seats.