- See the Amsterdam Light Festival in the best way possible – from the water!
- Get comfy aboard an open-top boat, complete with an informative audio guide in English and Dutch. Remember to wrap up warm!
- From November 28 to January 19, see Amsterdam come to life with illuminated artworks decorating its famous canals
The Amsterdam Light Festival is an unmissable annual experience, inviting a troupe of international artists to transform the city into a glittering playground – but how about seeing it from an open-top boat? Amsterdam's greatest winter attraction just got even greater!
Forget peering through foggy windows and experience the Amsterdam Light Festival in true panoramic style. The open-top boat is perfect for anyone looking to get the most intimate experience of the ALF.
The 2019 edition brings together work from 21 artists, crafted from twinkling lights and spread throughout the city. The theme is Disrupt!, and the artists have put particular focus on the effects of global warming and how humanity's disruptive force has influenced our planet.
At the same time, our power to disrupt can help create social change and bring about a better planet. You can listen to the audio guide and learn more, in Dutch or English, as you snuggle up and see Amsterdam like you've never seen it before.
Go to the pier located behind the A-tram sign, which is on the left side when you leave Amsterdam Central Station, next to the GVB office, and board the boat.
It can be busy around central station, so arrive in plenty of time. If you have any questions, look for staff wearing a Lovers Canal Cruises uniform who can point you in the right direction.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket