- Be one of the first to see the spectacular sculptures of the Amsterdam Light Festival from an angle you won't see on a walking tour
- Stay warm in the comfort of a heated cruise boat, with a Dutch or English audio guide to explain the sights
- Witness the work of Amsterdam-based artist Jeroen Henneman, this year's guest of honor, and his amazing 'standing drawings'
Experience Amsterdam in a different light. Literally. This year, the Amsterdam Light Festival's theme is ‘The Medium is the Message’ - the famous statement by Canadian scientist Marshall McLuhan. Skip the lines at Leidseplein and view this light-spectacular from a comfy boat!
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2018 consists of over 30 sculptures crafted from twinkling lights, and dotted throughout the city. This 53-day exhibition will turn the city into a glittering wonderland. This is one of the best times to take a canal boat tour of Amsterdam.
The idea behind McLuhan's statement is that the medium we use to send a message is more important than the message itself. See if you agree as you float around the storybook canals in the reflections of custom artworks - all created by select international artists.
There's also the sculptures that look like 'standing drawings' by this year's guest of honor, Amsterdam-based artist Jeroen Henneman. Listen to the audio guide in Dutch or English as you snuggle up and see Amsterdam like you've never seen it before.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the departure point on Leidsekade
- Make sure to be there 15 minutes before your chosen timeslot
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
After a while, we were just looking forward to the end, longing for fresh air and quiet.
By the way, if it rains, as in our case, you won't see much.