- Be one of the first to see the spectacular sculptures of the Amsterdam Light Festival from an angle you won't see on a walking tour
- Stay warm in the comfort of a heated cruise boat, with a Dutch or English audio guide to explain the sights
- Witness the work of Amsterdam-based artist Jeroen Henneman, this year's guest of honor, and his amazing 'standing drawings'
Experience Amsterdam in a different light. Literally. This year, the Amsterdam Light Festival's theme is ‘The Medium is the Message’ - the famous statement by Canadian scientist Marshall McLuhan. Take in this light-spectacular from the comfort of a canal boat.
The Amsterdam Light Festival 2018 consists of over 30 sculptures crafted from twinkling lights, and dotted throughout the city. This exhibition will be illuminating the waterfront from 29 November to 20 January, turning the city into a glittering wonderland. This is one of the best times to take a canal boat tour of Amsterdam.
The idea behind McLuhan's statement is that the medium we use to send a message is more important than the message itself. See if you agree as you float around the storybook canals in the reflections of custom artworks - all created by select international artists.
There's also the sculptures that look like 'standing drawings' by this year's guest of honor, Amsterdam-based artist Jeroen Henneman.
A DJ will be playing on the departure dock during the Amsterdam Light Festival, so you'll be swept up with the atmosphere straight away. Listen to the audio guide in Dutch or English as you snuggle up and see Amsterdam like you've never seen it before.
- 75-minute Water Colors Cruise
- Audio guide in English and Dutch
- Food and drinks
- Show your smartphone ticket at the dock 10-15 mins before your chosen departure time
- Departure is from the Lovers Canal Cruise dock, right beside the ticket shop, Prins Hendrikkade 25
- The timeslot you book is just an estimate. Depending on the time of day and demand, your actual cruise time may vary
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Yes, it might be a bit cold, but you'll enjoy the cruise a lot more if you sit in the back, where the boat is partially open. Just make sure to wrap up warm!
Evening Cruise Amsterdam
A night time cruise past some of Amsterdam's best sights
Would do it again!
I was not lucky enough