- Be among the first to see the spectacular sculptures of the Amsterdam Light Festival from a unique angle
- Stay warm in the comfort of a heated cruise boat, with a Dutch or English audio guide to explain the sights
- Witness the work of 21 artists from across the world and enjoy their interpretations of disruption
Experience Amsterdam in a different light. Literally. This year, the Amsterdam Light Festival's theme is Disrupt! and how disruption can bring about dramatic positive change in our daily lives. Take in this spectacular festival from the comfort of a canal boat and get a fresh perspective on how the world is changing.
The 2019 Amsterdam Light Festival features work from 21 luminary artists. Architects, designers and craftsmen have dotted displays of twinkling lights throughout the city. This exhibition will be illuminating the waterfront from 28 November to 19 January, turning the city into a glittering wonderland. In other words, this is one of the best times to take a canal boat tour of Amsterdam.
This year's theme has turned an eye on how disruption can bring about a positive change, not only to the world, but to our daily lives. Although we usually associate the unexpected with negative experiences, drastic changes can be a powerful force in improving our lives.
Listen to the audio guide in Dutch or English as you snuggle up and see Amsterdam like you've never seen it before.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the dock 10-15 mins before your chosen departure time
- Departure is from the Lovers Canal Cruise dock, right beside the restaurant Loetje, at Stationsplein 10
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
Yes, it might be a bit cold, but you'll enjoy the cruise a lot more if you sit in the back, where the boat is partially open. Just make sure to wrap up warm!