Tickets for Amsterdam Light Festival - Central Station
A great way to enjoy the Amsterdam Light Festival by night
- Be one of the first to see the spectacular sculptures of the Amsterdam Light Festival from an angle you won't see on a walking tour
- Stay snuggly and warm in the comfort of a heated cruise boat, with a Dutch or English audio guide to explain the sights
- From 30 November to 21 January get a rare and magical view of Amsterdam like you've never seen it before
From 30 November until 21 January, experience Amsterdam in a different light. Literally. This year, The Amsterdam Light Festival's theme is 'Existential', inspiring artists to look at what connects people, and how light can bring us together. Now you can take in the stunning displays from the cozy luxury of a canal boat.
The Amsterdam Light Festival consists of over 35 sculptures crafted from twinkling lights, and dotted throughout the city. They'll be illuminating the waterfront from 30 November to 21 January, turning the city into a glittering wonderland. This is one of the best times to take a canal boat tour of Amsterdam.
As you float around the storybook canals, the reflections of these custom artworks - all created by select international artists, including Ai Weiwei - turn the canals of Amsterdam into shimmering nighttime rainbows.
Listen to the audio guide in Dutch or English as you snuggle up and take in the views of the art and the city. Light up your life with one of the best things to do in Amsterdam this winter!
- 75-minute Water Colors Cruise
- Audio guide in English and Dutch
- Food and drinks
- Show your smartphone ticket at the dock 10-15 mins before your chosen departure time
- Departure is from the Lovers Canal Cruise dock, right beside the ticket shop, Prins Hendrikkade 25
- The timeslot you book is just an estimate. Depending on the time of day and demand, your actual cruise time may vary
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Train, metro, tram, or bus to Amsterdam Centraal.
Yes, it might be a bit cold, but you'll enjoy the cruise a lot more if you sit in the back, where the boat is partially open. Just make sure to wrap up warm!